Discover Caribbean beautiful coral reefs, white-sand beaches, and hidden coves!
Tips on How To Snorkel in the Riviera Maya. Well-known for its tranquil waters and white sand beaches, the Riviera Maya is an ideal vacation destination. Its Caribbean coastline offers lovely coral reefs, warm temperatures, and ideal conditions for sailing. If you want to explore the serene hidden coves and do some water activities, Playa Del Carmen boat rental is a great option to discover the blue Caribbean waters under the power of the wind.
Famous for its vigorous nightlife and gorgeous beaches, Playa del Carmen is one of the most visited destinations in the Riviera Maya.
To make your vacation unforgettable, rent a yacht or book Playa Del Carmen Boat Rentals its excellent snorkeling destinations. One of the famous spots for snorkeling is the Moche Reef and Inha Reef- home to a variety of marine life and abundance of tropical fish. Because of its clean and calm water, expect you will see hundreds of sea turtles and the famous Dog Face Puffer Fish.
You can rent a yacht at or get a catamaran tour in Playa Del Carmen or join a dive charter where a boat will take you out to excellent snorkeling and diving spots nearby the island you are visiting. The rented yacht will allow you to explore unique places beautiful reefs, colorful fishes, and a chance to see turtles and sharks.
Do you think snorkeling is always easy? Yes, it is! All you need is the right equipment and enjoy it.
Here are some tips for enjoying your snorkeling adventure in Playa Del Carmen.
A Few Tips on Snorkeling
- If you are renting or using equipment from the packages you avail, ensure it is clean before you stick the tube in your mouth. But most dive shops they clean their gear with mild detergent. But if you are satisfied with you can use alcohol cleaning pads or better to buy or bring your gear.
- Did you know one way to clean your fogging mask is to spit on the lens? It may sound gross, but it is the easiest way, rub the saliva around, then dip it immediately rinse into the water.
- Use swim fins: Yes, they’re hard to flop around when you are still on the rented yacht. But it changes everything once you are in the water, especially if you’re not a good swimmer.
- Using flotation device/Vest- If you’re not a good swimmer, wear the best or a flotation device for your safety and confidently enjoy snorkeling.
- Biodegradable sunscreen-When you go for snorkeling, don’t forget to put sunscreen to protect your skin against the sun. But make sure that you are using an Eco-friendly sunscreen that won’t leave toxic elements in the water.
- Snorkeling Equipment- Most snorkeling packages provide quality masks and snorkels. But it would be better if you have a set, so you could take it with you whenever you travel. You save money and the fit will be even better.